WHAT IS A MIGRATION AGENT?
A migration agent’s job is to provide guidance for obtaining visas to people who want to enter or continue their stay in Australia. They provide consultation for the immigrants and help in fulfilling the visa formalities. An important part of their job is to accrue credentials that are required to get visa on their clients’ behalf and also help in applying for it. A reputed and well versed migration agent would be able to provide information when a visa application is refused, and also assist in obtaining protection visas for the refugees.
Migration process can be often very complex, it is for this reason many choose to avail a migration agent’s service. To be a registered migration agent in Australia, individuals willing to be one need to sit for a certificate course in Immigration Law. The professional demeanor of these individuals are supervised an independent body called the MARA (Migration Agent Registration Authority) whose job is to ensure that professional standards are maintained. So, when you appoint a registered migration agent to fulfill the visa application formalities on your behalf, you are assured that the services are monitored strictly and you would be lead through the procedure in a proper manner.
The Procedure for Appointing a Migration Agent:
- As soon as you appoint a migration agent, he will notify the Migration Department via Form 956, as per the Australian Law.
- You, as their client will need to declare in the form that you have appointed the individual or the firm as your migration agent. (Q 24 on Form 956)
The Department Will Then:
- Go through your application with your agent, and gather information for the purpose of application
- Send a written document to your agent about your application (which makes him your “authorized receiver”)
- The department, from this point will consider any communication with them and your agent is as good as it being communicated with you.
After this, the entire procedure of the application- interviews, examinations, applications and documentation will be organized and maintained by the agent, to ease your work.
If you are looking for an authorized migration agent in Melbourne, you can get in touch with us at Global Migrations Pty Ltd. We are reputed, registered migration agents providing immigration services with unparalleled track records. You can locate us at:
SUITE 206bb, LEVEL 2
480 COLLINS STREET
MELBOURNE, VIC 3000
Or get in touch via phone: –
+61 433 840 304