Migration Agent Regulations
The registered Migrations Agents are bound by the regulations of the Migration Act 1958 and monitored by the stringent code of conducts set by the Migration Agent Registration Authority or MARA.
The purpose of these regulations are to see that:
- In case of complaints about the services of the registered migration agents, or that of the formerly registered migration agent, all are duly addressed.
- Only qualified persons are given registration as migration agents, and the unsuitable or unqualified candidates are restricted from registering or re registering.
- The registered agents are thorough with updated knowledge of the Immigration Law and its procedures so that they can provide accurate advice to the clients
What is the Code of Conduct?
The Code of Conduct is laid out in legislation for the registered migration agent to regulate and monitor their demeanor. It also mentions their obligation towards their clients.
The Code of Conduct is set out in Section 314 of the Migration Act 1958.
What are the obligations of a registered Migration Agent under the Code?
The Code of Conduct monitors:
- The interaction of the migration agents with the clients
- The fees charged for service, extra charges that are levied, efficient and clear record keeping, and financial management
- The accountability and obligation between one agent and another
- The responsibilities towards any employees that an agent might have
- The response made if a complaint is registered against the agent
- It is mandatory for an agent to display the Code of Conduct prominently in the office, in the client waiting bay. The agent is bound to produce a copy of the Code of Conduct if a client asks for one.
At Global Migrations you get the services of two registered migration agents. We give a wide range of service for students and working professionals. Apart from visa application services, for which we have high success rates, we also provide consultation for studying in Australia. We are migration agents of repute offering services in Melbourne and its adjourning areas. For professional consultation contact us at:
+61 433 840 304 (Ranbir Singh, MARN 1069570)
Or drop in at our Melbourne office:
SUITE 206bb, LEVEL 2
480 COLLINS STREET
MELBOURNE, VIC 3000