Test Day Information For IELTS
IELTS test is an English Language examination held jointly by the Cambridge English Language Assessment, the British Council and IDP Education. Established in 1989 it is one of the two major important English Language Proficiency tests recognized by almost all major universities in English speaking nations all over the world. It is equally important for the students, professionals and those who wish to migrate permanently to UK, New Zealand, United States, Australia, Canada, South Africa. You can choose the center appropriate for you via IELTS Worldwide Search.
Here are few tips pf advice for those appearing for the IELTS tests, for the day of the test.
On the Day of your IELTS Test you Must:
- Arrive well ahead time so that you have adequate time on hand to check in and go through the necessary security procedures.
- Bring your valid passport/ or the national identity card. It should have the same number that you provided in your IELTS Application Form. Failure of identity proof may disqualify you from sitting for the examination.
- Bring the stationery you require for the test, like pens, pencils and erasers
- Pay attention to the instructions that the invigilator will provide. If you are unable to follow his words, seek attention and clarify any doubts.
- If you are feeling disturbed or unwell, seek your supervisors attention.
- Try to stay calm and composed to perform well.
Things Not to do During IELTS Examination
- Do not copy or cheat from any other candidates, or cause any disruption with the center.
- Do not try to use a dictionary or spell checker , recorder or mobile phone to aid you through the examination.
- Do not borrow or lend anything from or to any other candidates in the examination hall.
- Do not ask the supervisor/ invigilator to help you in answering.
- Do not talk to or disturb any other candidates in the examination hall
- Do not eat or smoke in the examination room.
- Do not try to reproduce any part of the test. You will have your test results withheld and be liable to prosecution if you do this.
- Do not take any materials from the examination room without permission.
- Do not leave the examination room without the supervisors permission.
If you are caught doing any of the above , your results can be with held and the institution or the professional industry you are willing to enroll in will be notified of it.